How to Apply Marquesa Eyebrow Wigs
(These instructions are for all adhesives except GhostBond products)
- .Start by thoroughly clean the forehead, eyebrow area with a non-oily cleanser. Wipe the area with lint-free cotton or tissue and plain isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol and allow the skin to dry. If your skin tends to be very dry, do not use alcohol. (Do not use cotton or anything that will leave fibers on the skin.)
- Carefully remove the Marquesa Eyebrows from the backing. This may require the use of blunt tweezers (DO NOT USE sharp tweezers, it may damage the backing). If there is any adhesive residue on the back of the Marquesa Eyebrow, remove it with the tweezers or your fingers. Save the packaging for storage and re-ordering information when necessary.
- Hold the eyebrow with the tweezers on the top center portion and place it over the brow area on your forehead to determine where it will look best. You can make tiny marks with an eyebrow or eyeliner pencil at one or both ends to remember where to apply it. For BEST placement, be sure to stand a few feet back from the mirror for an “overall” view of your face.
- The eyebrows can be carefully trimmed with tiny sharp scissors to adjust the size if necessary.
- Place the eyebrow facing down (so that the hairless backing is up) on a clean, dry, lint-free surface and carefully hold in place with slight pressure from the tip of the tweezers.
- Squeeze a tiny line of your chosen eyebrow adhesive along the length of the eyebrow backing. Use the tip of the adhesive tube, the tweezers end, or a toothpick to distribute the adhesive in a zigzag motion along the backing area. Allow about 15-30 seconds for the adhesive to “set” and become tacky. (If you are using GhostBond, please read our application instructions under the GhostBond product page.)
- Carefully pick up the eyebrow wig with the tweezers (at the top and center) and position the eyebrow over the brow bone. If a pencil was used to mark your guidelines, line up the eyebrow with the marks and gently would apply pressure. Smooth the eyebrow firmly but gently from the nose outward in the direction of the hairs. If the adhesive seeps out, remove the excess adhesive quickly; if you wait too long and try to remove the excess glue, it may pull off the wig, be careful.
- If necessary, quickly make adjustments in the positioning of the eyebrow wig because the adhesive sets relatively fast.
- To reposition or remove at the end of the day, simply grasp the inner (nose) corner with the tweezers and slowly pull off. Carefully remove the glue from the backing by pulling or rolling it off. With the adhesive remover, the glue becomes stretchy and should come off in one piece. If the glue is not dry, allow it to dry before attempting to remove it. Apply fresh glue if you are repositioning the eyebrow wig.
- Marquesa eyebrow wigs can be cleaned with moist cotton swabs. Use our removers or water only – do not use other cleansers or any alcohol or chemical based products. Stroke in the direction of the hairs to clean and shape the eyebrows. Store the eyebrow wig flat on the card (package), ready for the next application.
- Remove any adhesive residue from the forehead and cleanse the area thoroughly.
- People with extremely oily skin may need to reapply the eyebrows during the day if they loosen due to skin oils. Try not to rub or scratch the brow area as the friction may loosen or remove them from their position.
- Handled the Lashes and Eyebrows with care,: eyebrow wigs are reusable and can last for many weeks to many months. Always, keep in a safe and dry place.