Shrinkies Application, Removal & Maintenance
Marquesa is proud to share with you, one of the easiest method to apply Gorgeous locks for volume or length. This Hot fusion process is done by using an I tip or Pre-bonded hair extension. One of the advantages is you can re-use the strands of hair over and over if you are careful during the removal. Be gentle when applying pressure with the pliers so you don’t crush the tip of the strands.
The application is relatively easy and fast. A section of the client’s hair is inserted into the shrinkies tube; then the pre-tipped extension is inserted alongside the hair. The tube is then shrink-wrapped around both the extension and the natural hair using a fusion wand, creating a strong invisible bond without the use of damaging glues or chemicals.
Shrinkies are a durable and a long lasting hair extension method. Shrinkies hair extensions should last around 3-4 months, and the Amazing quality of our hair extensions will last for at least 3 re-attachments if you follow the maintenance guide.
For the application, You will Need:
I tip or Pre-Tip Extension
Installing Pre bond with Shrinkies:
- Slide the Shrinkies onto the pulling needle.
2. Carve off a section of hair and slide one Shrinkie onto the natural hair.
3. Insert the tip of the extension hair into the Shrinkie.
4. Apply heat to the Shrinkie using a heat wand.
5. Roll the bond into place.
6. Do a rotation test and reposition if needed.
7. Repeat until the desired style is reached.
Removal of Shrinkies on Pre-bonded I tip
Keratin – Fusion Solvent
Keratin Bond Crushers tool
Removal of Shrinkies on Pre bonded I tip
REMOVAL Step by Step
Apply Keratin Solvent and wait a few seconds
Tab the Keratin bond with pliers, and careful slide the I tip downwards
Slide Shrinkie out of hair
Use a Tail comb to comb out the residue.
Shrinkies Hair Extensions Aftercare & Maintenance
1• Do not shampoo your hair for 48 hours after your Marquesa service, including initial and maintenance services. This will give enough time for the bonds to settle and ensure that your extensions will not slide out through premature contact with cleaning chemicals.
2• Expect to see small quantities of naturally released hair trapped in the bonds after some time. This is quite normal and should not be interpreted as hairs being pulled out of the scalp by the extensions themselves. These ends can be cut by your stylist to minimize tangling close to the bonds.
3• Before bed, pull your hair back into a soft ponytail to prevent tangling while sleeping. Use a Satin Pillowcase to allow your hair to move freely while you sleep.
4• Return to your salon two weeks after your extensions have been applied for a check-up appointment. It may be necessary to replace a few strands if they have not settled correctly.
5• If you experience bond slippage or any discomfort, contact your Marquesa Certified technician to determine the cause and remedy the situation.
- Brush your hair twice a day using a Marquesa brush which is specifically designed for Marquesa hair extensions. Do not use hard brush strokes. Separate your applied strands using your fingers and slowly brush close to the scalp. This will avoid matting in this area. Do not use a hard bristled brush. This may cause the extension strands to slip out.
- Use a wide-toothed comb to remove tangles gently from mid-strands to hair ends. Do not use a comb near the scalp area and the Marquesa bonds.
- Curling irons and hot rollers may be used on Marquesa hair extensions, but keep them at least 3cm to 4cm away from the hair bonds.
- Do not use products that contain sulphur, such as dandruff shampoos. Use recommended Marquesa products that are specially designed to improve the condition of your hair extensions.
- When showering, tilt your head back and cleanse from the top of the head downward.
Avoid facing your head downward. Condition using the Marquesa Conditioner and de-tangle only from mid-strand to end, avoiding the scalp area.
- After showering, apply the Marquesa Anti-Tap Water remedy to restore your hair’s natural ph balance. Dry your hair by wrapping it with a Marquesa Microfibre Headwrap or a towel to remove extra moisture. Always dry the base area thoroughly to avoid bond breakdown. Avoiding drying in a scrubbing motion. If using a blow dryer, use a medium to low heat and finish with a cool shot once the hair is completely dry.
- Activities that result in a constant, damp environment, especially swimming in sea water and chlorine, may lessen the longevity of your Marquesa hair extensions. Prior to swimming, wet the hair completely to prevent chlorine and salt water sticking to your hair. Immediately after swimming, apply the Marquesa Anti-Tap Water remedy to eliminate damage from alkalinity in water and dry the base area as prescribed above.