Marquesa Seamless Tape Extensions
Our Tape hair extensions are the latest technology in hair extensions.
Tape is fast, easy to fit and very comfortable to wear. Tape is also the least damaging of all the bonding techniques as the weight is spread over a 4cm area and placed against the scalp. Each tape is 4cm by 1cm in size. Tape comes in packs of 20 tapes per colour, in 45cm, 50cm and 55cm.
Installation time for a full head is 30-45min.
Half a head: 20 tapes (50g)
Full head: 40 tapes (100g)
South Beach head: 60 tapes (150g)
Our tape hair extensions can be re-usable and can be re-taped by using our special Italian re-bonding replacement tape. Maintenance on tape extensions must be done every 3weeks to 4 weeks with proper care of your hair.
The extensions are connected by wide band that look like two bits of cellotape. Your own hair is placed between them and they are clamped around the strands. They’re phenomenal, luscious and if you take care of them, this extensions can last. Since they are reusable, you just need to clean the old adhesive using 90% alcohol, and re-tape them. Ready to be used again.
Marquesa Tape-In method is one of the is the newest hair extension method in our industry. This method creates a seamless finish that clients love. And because it has one of the fastest installation times, you have time to serve more clients.
This course will teach you everything you need to know about Tape-In extensions. The method of installation is done by sectioning of the client’s hair and sandwiching the natural hair between two wefts of hair.
How to Install Tape Hair Extensions:
Tape In or Skin Wefts Hair Extenions are some of the most undetectable hair extension techniques available in the hair industry. They are also known as seamless wefts in the general market. Understanding more about skin wefts and how to successfully install yours will help you realize that they actually are very easy to apply.
After the skin weft is in your hair, your hair will look beautiful with new extensions to style. Straight Skin Weft Hair Extensions are available on our site as well as curly and wavy wefts. Before we give you detailed instructions on how to install your skin weft, you’ll also need to know what you will specifically need to install your skin wefted hair extensions.
What you’ll need:
- Tape-In Hair Extensions
- Tape-In Bond Remover
- Replacement Tape
- Hair Clips
- Quick Pick Hair Parter
Marquesa Fazil Tape In
Steps by Step Tape In Application:
1. Section the natural hair where your first extension will be placed.
2. Using your tail comb, pick up a thin slice of natural hair as wide as your tape extensions (you will apply extensions to both sides of this natural hair slice).
3. Peel away the tape backing of your first extension.
4. Hold the natural hair and position the tape hair underneath it.
5. Press the natural hair downward into the tape leaving space between the scalp and the extension.
6. Peel away the backing of your second hair extension.
7. Place this piece directly over the first, sandwiching the natural hair in between.
8. Press the extension pieces together.
9. Continue this process until you have completed your desired installation.
- While you are installing extensions, be sure to double check to see that you are not placing the extensions out on the sides. This will make them visible. Your extensions should always be covered underneath your hair.
Fazil Tape In Placement
Removing Tape Hair Extensions:
Marquesa’s Tape in hair extension removal is simple, fast, and non damaging when you are wearing our tape in hair extensions. The Tape In extensions tabs can then be cleaned and re-applied with new tape.
To secure that your client’s hair stay, healthy and shiny, make sure your client comes back for the tape-in maintenance.
Learn how to remove tape-in hair extensions that have reached the end of their life cycle.
Liquid Gold Remover
Tape Ins Removal
1. Place several drops of the remover onto the installation point.
2. Rub it in.
3. Use the end of a comb to gently pull apart the two layers of adhesive.
4. Add several more drops of the remover so that it penetrates deeper into the adhesive (if necessary).
5. Push into the adhesive with the end of the comb.
6. As the tape hair begins to lift, gently lift the extensions away from the natural hair.
7. Comb through the natural hair to remove any remaining residue.
8. Wash the natural hair and the extension hair, clean with 90% alcohol, let dry and re-tape.
Blending and Styling Tools:
- Hair Cutting Scissors
- Feathering Razor
Tape Ins MAINTENANCE
We expect so much from hair extensions, yet we don’t always put in the work to take care of them. Hair extensions require work as they are not like our own hair. The better you take care of your tape in hair extensions, the longer they will last. With our own hair, we have natural oils that keep the hair healthy, but this is not the case with hair extensions . You want to maintain the beautiful quality so you can reuse and re-tape your tape in extensions by following these tips. Once hair extensions are cut and your hair is styled, they require much more care to make the hair last, especially semi-permanent hair extensions, because these hair extensions are worn every day.
Hair extensions must be cared for daily, you cannot wash and go. They key to Tape Ins is to take care of them on a daily basis.
Tips for wearing seamless tape in hair extensions:
- Keep your Marquesa Tape ins hair extensions clean and untangled by taking time to care for them every day.
- Do not comb or brush the hair extensions while hair is wet.
- Never sleep with wet hair extensions. Always make sure the hair is dry and pulled up or preferably put into a braid to keep hair from tangling at night.
- Brush the hair with a hair extension brush several times a day. Be sure to brush properly, holding the roots to prevent pulling on the bonds. Use a wide tooth comb to remove tangles if needed.
- Use high quality hair care products but don’t overdo it, too much hair care product can cause build up and tangling over time. So you want to be careful with the amount of product you use. Never use any products containing oil, alcohol or ethanol as this can damage the hair extensions and also wear down on the adhesive. Try your best to use sulfate free shampoo and conditioner as well as 100% natural hair products to keep hair extensions in good condition.
- Never lighten the hair extensions. If you want to color hair extensions only go within 2 shades DARKER, ONLY when is necessary.
- When working out with hair extensions or swimming with hair extensions, be sure to remove excess sweat and chlorine after working out.
- When using hot tools be sure to use a heat protectant spray! The more you use heat on your hair, the shorter the life-span of the hair extensions.
- Do not use a flat iron directly on the tape tabs. This will weaken the bond and they will slip out.
- When using conditioner, condition from mid-shaft to ends only. Do not apply conditioner to your scalp when wearing tape in hair extensions.
- When using serums or oils avoid contact with the tape, use on mid length to ends only. We use natural products such as coconut oil on the ends of the extensions to keep the hair healthy and shiny over time.
- Every 6-10 weeks, your hair extensions will need to be reapplied to move the bonds closer to the scalp and to keep your hair healthy.
- Tape in extensions are not best for those who have lost a significant amount of hair due to any illnesses or for those that have extreme hair thinning. Consult with your stylist about another option.
- Clarifying shampoo BEFORE going to your stylist is KEY. The stylist should also use clarifying shampoo prior to installing the hair extensions. Conditioner should not be used during application of hair.
- Since a person’s average natural hair loss is between 50-100 strands per day you will see a small amount of naturally released hairs in between the tape bonds at time of removal. This is normal and should not be interpreted as hair loss due to wearing hair extensions.
At the end of the day, this hair is gorgeous and so are you! We want to keep it that way! So take care of your hair and you will find out how long they last!