This method of hair extension, Cold fusion is also known as micro link, micro loop hair extension. It is another strand method that is applied by weaving small sections of hair through a micro link tube. To install you use weaving tools and pliers to weave the small sections of hair.
Cold fusion hair extensions were created to be a gentle alternative than keratin hot fusion hair extensions. Cold fusion hair extensions do not use heat to apply the hair extensions to your hair. Cold Fusion is a no heat hair extensions method that bond hair using a micro-ring. By using this method of application, you can reuse the I tip strand over and over, as long as you do not destroy the i tip section of the extension while you are moving them up to the original position.
I Tip application – cold fusion hair extension:
Application of I tip – Professionals Only
- Section the hair.
- Insert the ring on the hook
- Grab the sectioned hair with the hook.
- Place the ring about 1/2 inch from the scalp
- Insert the I strand hair in the ring
- Hold the ring and the hair in place
- Tightly close the Ring.
No glue, no tape, I-tip extensions are perfect for women who want to be healthy and natural looking hair.
How To Remove Micro Ring Hair Extensions – Professionals Only
Removal cold fusion hair extension:
The removal process of stick tip or I tip hair extensions is a relatively easy and straightforward one, however, can be made slightly more complicated depending on what care the customer has given to the extensions over the months they have had them done.
Removal: Simply press the micro-ring to open it, and slide out the “I” tipped hair. To re-attach the i tip, simply open the Micro-ring and Move it upward towards the scalp, and press to close. It’s Just that simple!. Always keep 1/2″ away from the scalp.
In the best case scenario, your client would have looked after her extensions well, and would have had regular maintenance appointments to keep on top of any regrowth. She would have separated her extensions daily to ensure they are not tangled, and her hair will be in a clean, manageable condition. Unfortunately, this is not always the case, and you come across a client who has not taken care of their extensions quite as well, and therefore we will address both instances below.
The basics of stick tip, i tip, hair extension removal will apply to those who have looked after their hair extensions well, and this process is a relatively easy one.
You will need a few tools to complete the task, including your removal pliers, hair extension conditioner, a comb, a few clips, and a hair brush.
Firstly, section off the top of your client’s hair that has no extensions to expose all of your client bonds below. Sectioning the hair extensions into three parts, using a clip to secure the sides away from the main back section of hair extensions.
As the back is the larger section, begin here.
- Take each extension one by one, slowly squeeze the micro ring/copper tubes in the opposite direction to how they were fitted so that the ring opens and releases the i tip hair extension. If the hair extension has been in for three to four months, you may need to give it a small pull to release the extensions, so be sure to support the customer’s hair with one hand, with the opposite hand give the hair extension a gentle tug, and it will slide free from the hair strand.
- Next, you will need to deconstruct the strand slowly. When looking at the strand with the ring removed, you will notice a “ball” sitting where the extension once was. This has been formed throughout the months your client has been wearing her hair extensions from hairs that have been naturally falling off. Shampoo the residue that may have sat against the ring, and some keratin residue from the stick tip that may have started to break down. This is all perfectly normal and to be expected from hair extensions that have been in for more than a month.
- Holding the strand in one hand below the “ball,” you will need to deconstruct the strand hair by hair slowly using the tail end of your comb. Slide hairs out of the “ball”, pulling from above. Taking only a few hairs at a time, the hair should slide out, causing no damage or discomfort to your customer.
If you have a section that is slightly more stubborn, use either an oil based product, or a conditioning treatment such as your hair extension conditioner to apply to the stubborn piece of hair, and then try again. With the extra lubrication, the hair should slide out easily.
Once you have completed the back section, you can move around to the sides, until you have completely removed all of the other extensions. Removal times will vary from client to client, however, for an individual who has cared for the hair extensions correctly, this process will usually take around 1 hour.
If your customer has failed to look after their hair extensions, not keeping a maintenance visit, or left their hair extensions in longer than you recommended, the removal process may be slightly more difficult, therefore more expensive. The most likely consequence of this behavior is matted hair extensions at the root. The extensions can be removed without damaging the client’s hair, but will take you longer to accomplish, especially if your customer has a tender scalp.
To remove, you would do exactly as above, but may have to be a little more strategic with the extensions you remove first. Separate the tangled hair extensions into their own sections, and work on one piece at a time, you will need to be very patience.
Removing the hair extensions one by one will not work as effectively for these clients. Hair being matted for so long due to the customer’s neglect may bring you difficulty. You may have to work a few strands at a time so that you can detangle the hair.
Removing matted hair extensions is a for sure not an easy job, however, with a little time and patience, the removal process will not damage your client’s hair.
With tangled hair extensions your best friend is going to be your oil or conditioner. Once you have removed the initial bond, saturate the tangled hair in the product, as this will make the hair slide free and a lot easier.