Hot Fusion Hair Extension Maintenance Guide
To enjoy and maintain the longevity of your new Marquesa hair extensions, it is
essential that you are aware of and follow these maintenance guidelines:
- Do not shampoo your hair for 48 hours after the installation of your extension service, including initial and maintenance services. This will give enough time for the bonds to settle and ensure that your extensions will not slide out through premature contact with cleansing chemicals.
- Expect to see small quantities of naturally released hair trapped in the bonds after some time. This is quite normal and should not be interpreted as hairs being pulled out of the scalp by the extensions themselves. These ends can be cut by your stylist to minimize tangling close to the bonds.
- Prior to bed, pull your hair back into a soft ponytail to prevent tangling while sleeping. Use a Marquesa Satin Pillowcase to allow your hair to move freely while you sleep.
- Return to your salon two weeks after your extensions have been applied for a check-up appointment. It may be necessary to replace a few strands if they have not settled correctly.
- If you experience bond slippage or any discomfort, contact your Marquesa Certified technician to determine the cause and remedy the situation.
- Brush your hair twice a day using a Marquesa brush which is specifically designed for Marquesa hair extensions. Do not use hard brush strokes. Separate your applied strands using your fingers and slowly brush close to the scalp. This will avoid matting in this area. Do not use a hard bristled brush. This may cause the extension strands to slip out.
- Use a wide toothed comb to gently remove tangles from mid-strands to hair ends. Do not use a comb near the scalp area and the Marquesa bonds.
- Curling irons and hot rollers may be used on Marquesa hair extensions, but keep them
at least 3cm to 4cm away from the hair bonds.
- Do not use products that contain Sulphur, such as dandruff shampoos. Use recommended Marquesa products that are especially designed to improve the condition of your hair extensions.
- When showering, tilt your head back and cleanse from the top of the head downward. Avoid facing your head downward. Condition using the Marquesa Conditioner and de-tangle only from mid-strand to end, avoiding the scalp area.
- After showering, apply the Marquesa Anti-Tap Water remedy to restore your hair’s natural ph balance. Dry your hair by wrapping it with a Marquesa Microfibre Headwrap or a towel to remove moisture. Always dry the base area thoroughly to avoid bond breakdown. Avoiding drying in a scrubbing motion. If using a blow dryer, use a medium to low heat and finish with a cool shot once the hair is completely dry.
- Activities that result in a constant, damp environment, especially swimming in sea water and chlorine, may lessen the longevity of your Marquesa hair extensions. Prior to swimming, wet the hair completely to prevent chlorine and salt water sticking to your hair. Immediately after swimming, apply the Marquesa’s Clarifying Shampoo to eliminate damage from alkalinity in water and dry the base area of your hair extensions.